With 24/7 cow gazing at our Central Iowa farm stay, it might be hard to pull yourself away from the loft windows. Luckily we’ve got some activities you can do at the pub tables while cow gazing.
If you want to explore more we’ve got you covered there too!
Fun Things to Do Inside Along with Cow Gazing:
- Games – have fun while learning a little with our great variety of farm games! From silly and simple to in-depth strategy, there’s something for everyone!
- Books – read a picture book, curl up with a great novel, or browse through Cows on Parade sculptures. No matter your interest, you’ll find a book to suit your needs!
- Puzzles – the perfect pair to cow gazing. Find the next piece and then notice that Mabel’s heading to get milked by Rita the Robot. After finding a few more see her moseying over to grab a drink.
- Movies – Documentaries & movies are a powerful way to learn and be entertained at the same time. Spend the evening enjoying complimentary DIY popcorn and a movie!
- Moo-Ga – There’s not room for everyone to start their day with a “Downward Cow”… but it’s a great reminder to start your day with moooooo-vement!
- Cook – DIY Continental Breakfast is ready when you are but you’re also welcome to use the kitchen to cook up your own delicious meals.
Things to Do Outside the GuestBarn:
- Porch & Patio – Enjoy the evening sunset or gather around the fire ring out on the porch & patio spaces. One of our friendly farm cats may join you for company.
- Take a Stroll – While we do NOT want you interact with the calves & cows without a tour guide, we encourage you to take a stroll down our wooded private drive – you might even spot “our” bald eagles & other wildlife!
- Ride Your Bike – Are you a “fat bike” biker? The gravel roads in our immediate area are great for adventures because they’re not well traveled and a few loop instead of going in straight grids. For “skinny bikers” we’ve got great paved trails nearby too.
- Take the “Be A Dairy Farmer Challenge” – go beyond the Introductory & Farewell Tours by taking the hands-on tour with #DairymanDan